Changing Operator Settings
Operator settings available as constants at the very top of the script:
- Keyboard keys to use for Auto Backbox and Power features.
- Initial power-on state.
- 3 or 5 ball game (also see "Changing the Apron" a bit further on).
- Turn number match feature on or off.
- Extra ball or free credit type game.
- Adjustable special score limits - 3 each for 3/5 ball game.
- Extra backglass illumination light enabled or disabled.
Look and Feel Settings
All look and feel settings are done using Future Pinball-defined keys, plus
a couple of fixed keys:
- "Special1" key toggles pretty/authentic sounds/lights.
- "Special2" key toggles scrolling/fixed camera.
- "Toggle HUD" key toggles... guess.
- "L" key toggles the auto-look-at-backbox feature. (See "New in 1.1".)
- "P" is the mains power switch. (See "New in 1.1" and "New in 1.2".)
All these settings (except power-on state) will be saved between OXO sessions.
WHAT ARE PRETTY SOUNDS AND LIGHTS?
By activating pretty sounds and lights, you effectively retro-fit your OXO
pinball table with some solid state hardware to replace the original mechanics.
Scoring sounds will be provided by nice, clean samples, and an attract mode
is added to the lights system. Also, during the bonus countdown the OXO lights
come off one by one instead of all in one go.
(Note: The Pretty Lights setting takes effect next time the attract mode is
Changing the Apron
If you prefer the 3-ball mode, you may want to switch to an apron with the
correct ball and special score limits info.
The included "OXO-apronpack.zip" file includes 4 textures for use as the apron
graphic. Apart from the standard 3- and 5-ball aprons, there are also extra
hi-res versions to use with those really flashy graphics cards.
To change the apron graphic:
1. Unzip the OXO-apronpack.zip in a harddisk location of your choice.
2. With OXO loaded into Future Pinball, select "Texture Manager" in the
3. In the texture list, select oxo-apron and click re-import.
4. In the file dialog that follows, select your tga file of choice from the
OXO-apronpack and click OK.
5. Save the updated OXO table.