You must be logged to download table from our mirror
Junkyard Cats - BAM Edition 1.2
Junkyard Cats - BAM Edition
Brendan Bailey is one of FP's classic "original" table authors. EVERYTHING on this table was made by him! The layout, art, music, sounds, code. Such an amazing work of passion deserves to be updated to be enjoyed by a new generation of virtual pinball lovers!
I wanted to try doing an update to this classic FP "original" table to bring it up to my own modern day BAM standards for better dynamic lighting, shadowmaps, ray cast ball shows, better physics… and also add my PinEvent V2 features to it. Wow! What a difference it makes!
What a sweet lightshow this table has. It allowed me to add sequenced and timed DOF cabinet lighting and PUP DMD videos timed to match the music, voice overs and table events.
For a video preview of the PinEvent V2 update that showcases the DOF cabinet lighting and the modern PUP DMD display, go here:
Original Table by Brendan Bailey:
TerryRed's BAM Edition update:
- added PinEvent V2 support for DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD, PUP Stream and new PuP-Pack
- added smoke's ball rolling (integrated with PinEvent)
- added nano kicker to left ramp scoop to make shots easier (was way too hard without it)
- made various adjustments to table geometry and layout to make it play easier
- added additional ramp blocker surfaces to prevent ball from flying off ramps / scoops
- added new 4K playfield, plastics, backbox textures created from Brendan's original files
- new G.I. lighting (dynamic lighting - x4 hidden flashers in lower and upper plastics)
- new drain flasher for accented colour
- new BAM post processing
- added shadowmaps to most G.I lights
- added pre-baked shadowmaps (created by BAM) to playfield and plastics textures
- added illuminated look to GI ON plastics texture
- adjusted playfield / plastics / apron, etc texture brightness to better match new lighting
- new 3D model inserts
- new pre-rendered insert textures
- new bump maps for inserts
- disabled glow radius for all inserts
- added sphere maps to the sides of all plastics
- updated GI on/off code
- adjusted GI on/off brightness for all lights / inserts / textures
- added all new FLEEP sounds for all mechanical actions (flippers, bumpers, slings, drain, etc)
- added BAM DF1 physics (updated settings in editor to better work with new physics)
- added invisible ramp blocker to prevent ball from flying off the ramp
- added invisible playfield blocker to prevent ball from flying on top of plastics
- hid slingshot bulbs that interfered with shadowmaps
Schlabber34 - new pre-rendered insert images
FLEEP - new mechanical sounds
*** This table is single player only ***
Desktop Static Camera Views
Press C to cycle through BAM's Desktop Static camera views (if using the included CFG file)
BAM Ray Cast Ball Shadows:
You can enable this feature in the BAM menu, or in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
BAM Menu settings:
This version of the table has BAM dynamic physics (DF1) added to it
PinEvent V2 features for this table:
Night Mode key
TILT BOB key
Note: for PUP Stream there is no Playfield Mini Screen option
All Visual C++ updates (to allow BAM to work properly). An easy All-in-One Installer can be found here (reboot after installing):
Future Pinball and BAM (1.5-345 or higher) is required to play this table!
Don't assume you have the latest BAM. If in doubt, update it!
If you only need to update BAM:
- backup your entire BAM folder
- download the latest BAM update zip file from ravarcade's site
- install the latest BAM update (replace all files)
- copy the BAM.cfg, Reality.dat, Default.cfg from your backup BAM folder and replace the files in your BAM folder (these are your previous BAM settings)
Ready to go "BAM Settings" (good default pov for cabinets, and more)
- I highly recommend you install my "BAM Settings" files, if you have never done so before!
- download my "Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide" zip file (link below)
- open the zip file for the setup you have (BAM settings for Cabinet.zip, or BAM settings for Desktop.zip)
- extract the files (BAM.cfg, Reality.dat, Default.cfg) into the BAM folder (overwrite the current files)
TerryRed's Future Pinball and BAM Mega Guide (has a FAQ with answers to most problems, and other helpful info):
Future Pinball Video Settings and Editor Settings:
- you MUST have the correct Video and Editor settings for this table to work correctly!
- I have included a picture of these settings in the table's zip file
Run FPLoader.exe in BAM folder to play this table. DO NOT run directly from the FuturePinball.exe:
- don't trust start menu or desktop icons, as they may point to FuturePimball.exe instead of FPLoader.exe
- some people may need to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator at least one time for BAM to work
- some people have needed to run FPLoader.exe in Windows 8 compatibility mode to prevent crashing
TABLE file: “Junkyard Cats - Bam Edition (1.2 - PinEvent V2).fpt”
Library files: JYCGFX.fpl, JYCmusic.fpl, JYCSFX.fpl
CFG file: “Junkyard Cats - Bam Edition (1.2 - PinEvent V2).cfg”
To download the PuP-Pack, go here:
You do not need any other extra files or applications just to play this table!
If you want to use any PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD), read the included install instructions in the table's zip file!
********** HOW TO PLAY THE TABLE **********
Read the Install Instructions included in the table's zip file.
It tells you everything you need to know, has a very helpful FAQ, and has lots of pretty pictures!
Again, read the FAQ and the Install Instructions in the table's zip file!